Bees are buzzing and pollen is thick in the air! These are signs of Spring & Summer which is fast approaching. This also means it’s time for travel and enjoying the sun! I recently traveled back home to NJ for a couple of days and struggled with what cosmetics I should pack to give me a beautiful face with ease and able to complete in a matter of five to eight minutes. After all I was on vacation, so there was no need to spend my time primping and over obsessing with eye shadow, foundation and concealer.So, I told myself I only needed to take the basics, which led me to my 5 Must Have Cosmetics for Travel.
Aside from my basic 2 step skin care routine which consist of a cleanser and moisturizer I managed to fit all my makeup goodies in one cosmetics bag… YUP I said it, ONE!
Let’s Prep with SKINCARE! Your makeup is only as good as the skin underneath it!
Treat your skin, by incorporating a basic 2 step skin care program into your routine. Choose a cleanser and moisturizer that is suitable for your skin type (normal to dry, combination/oily).
1. FOUNDATION: Achieve a flawless base to build your makeup look with the use of the correct foundation shade!
- To create a flawless face choose a foundation shade that matches your skin perfectly by testing the shade on the jawline. If the shade disappears blending into the skin seamlessly, you have found your perfect match!
2.CONCEALER:Take your beauty to the next level with the use of a concealer.
- Use concealer to color correct, brighten and cover blemishes & under eye circles.
3. BLUSH: Define your “Eye Popping Beauty” with a blush of your choice.
- Add a pop of color to your look by applying blush on the apples of your cheeks. Be adventurous and try some spring colors such as corals, peach and pinks. Blush brightens up the face and gives you some vibrancy.
4.MASCARA: Hello Lashes! Using a mascara defines your lashes and can also give a liner affect when smudging on bottom lashes.
- Choose a mascara of your choice to separate lashes while given your lashes volume and length to open your eyes and draw people in.
5.LIPSTICK/LIP GLOSS: Seal the deal with your favorite lippie. No eyeshadow today so choose a lip color that makes a statement and completes your look.
- Moisturize your lips first with your favorite lip balm to hydrate your lips, then apply your lip choice.
YOUR FINISHED AND READY TO HEAD OUT THE DOOR AND ENJOY YOUR VACATION.
SAFE TRAVELS, BEAUTIES!